Fit to Fly Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR Test
If you are travelling abroad and require proof that you are fit to fly, our
COVID-19 PCR swab test kit can test you for COVID-19 and provide a certificate to confirm your fitness to fly.
Test Kits Available
- PCR Nasal/Throat Swab
What’s included in the price?
- Includes a consultant virologist-signed negative test result certificate
- You can buy the test kit now for use at a later date1
- Includes a Royal Mail tracked delivery service2
- Results typically provided within 12-36 hours of receipt of sample to the laboratory3
Are you travelling overseas? If you are flying to another country, you may be asked to provide a negative COVID-19 test certificate prior to boarding your flight.
Everything Genetic provides an at home PCR testing service that you can use prior to travelling. Test results are typically provided within 12-36 hours of receipt of your sample to our UK laboratory3. If you test negative for COVID-19, we will provide you with a certified COVID-19 certificate signed by a consultant virologist that can be used to confirm your fitness to fly.
About the PCR Nasal/Throat Test
For this test, samples are collected using a sterile nasal and throat swab. It is the same type of
test as used by the NHS.
It’s suitable for testing people of all ages, including self-collection at your home.
This test is suitable for use if you have symptoms and want to know if it is COVID-19, or can be used even if you don’t have symptoms (you are asymptomatic).
Important Notice for Customers
It is your responsibility to ensure that the test type and certificate wording meets the specific requirements of your travel provider and country of destination. Please be aware that a negative test result certificate does not guarantee boarding a flight or access into any country.
How it works
Step 1 - Order your test online
Click Order Now above. Select the service you require and create an account as instructed4.
Step 2 - Test kit delivered to your door
Your test kit will be sent directly to your home using a Royal Mail tracked delivery service2
Step 3 - Collect your sample
Self-collect your sample at home, carefully following the step-by-step instructions provided with the test kit.
Step 4 - Return sample to the lab
Our test kit includes pre-paid return packaging for returning your sample to our lab for processing.
Step 5 - Your sample is processed
Your sample will be sent to our UK laboratory for full analysis by a team of clinical scientists using the Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) laboratory process.
Step 6 - Get your results
We aim to deliver your results within 12-36 hours of receiving your sample at the lab3. You will get a text and email notification and access to your results via your secure online account.
Why choose Everything Genetic for COVID-19 at home testing?
- Everything Genetic Limited is a UKAS accredited testing laboratory and medical diagnostic service No. 22271
- Our PCR test kits are CE marked
- All samples are processed in our UK partner laboratory
- Our laboratory is approved to share result data with Public Health England as part of the governments NHS Test and Trace programme4
- We offer a fast delivery service with results back within 12-36 hours of your sample being received at our lab3
- Fully tracked delivery service using a Royal Mail tracked delivery service2
- All test kits include an easy-to-follow how to use guide and postage paid return packaging
Frequently asked questions
- How long does it take to get my results?
- You will typically receive your results within 12-36 hours of your sample being received by
the laboratory. You can visit
Royal Mail’s website
to track your sample package and check
on its delivery progress using the tracking number we asked you to take note of.
Please be aware that delivery and processing may take longer at weekends and Bank Holidays.
Occasionally, samples are unfit for testing. To prevent this from happening, please ensure that you follow carefully the instructions enclosed with the test kit.
- When will my test kit arrive?
- Orders are shipped within 36 hours of receipt of order and via a Royal Mail priority delivery service.
- I’m having problems setting up an account to buy a test kit
- Please contact our customer services team for help on +44 (0) 1270 623 179 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Mon – Fri 8am – 8pm and Sat – Sun 8am – 12noon).
- I can’t sign in to download my results report
- You will have also received an email from email@example.com with a link to download your results. If you have forgotten your password please follow the reset instructions on the website. For further help please contact our customer services team for help on +44 (0) 1270 623 179 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Mon – Fri 8am – 8pm and Sat – Sun 8am – 12noon).
- Is this test service suitable for Fit to Fly?
- The test certificate includes information required for Fit to Fly. However, we cannot guarantee that it meets the specific requirements for every travel provider and country. It is your responsibility to ensure it will meet your needs before purchase.
- Can I get a refund?
- We can process refunds within two weeks of purchase. If the test kit has already been shipped there will be a £20 administration fee as we cannot resell the test kit due to risk of contamination. The barcode will be disabled, and the test kit would need to be destroyed. Please ensure your test is fit for purpose before purchase.
- Items in the test kit are damaged or missing
- If the test kit arrives damaged or items are missing, please contact a member of our customer services team for help on +44 (0) 1270 623 179 or email email@example.com (Mon – Fri 8am – 8pm and Sat – Sun 8am – 12noon).
- Can I order a test kit on behalf of a family member or friend?
- Yes. When you order the test, please ensure to enter the name of the person who is being tested so that this is included on the results report document.
- Does the test detect new variants?
- Our COVID-19 PCR test picks up all known variants including the newly identified Kent
and South African strains. The changes in the strain are found in the 'spike protein',
which is not an area targeted by our assay, meaning no impact to accuracy. We also
utilise a multiplex assay which targets more than one conserved region (both E and N
proteins) giving higher accuracy and sensitivity. Our laboratory perform regular checks
of primers and probes against the GISAID database.
Please be assured our assay is under constant review, if you have any questions feel free to contact us.