Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR Swab Test
The COVID-19 PCR nasal/throat swab test can tell you if you currently have coronavirus (COVID-19).
The test assay is CE marked and samples are processed in our UK partner laboratory.
The laboratory is approved to share results data with Public Health England (PHE) as part of the Government’s NHS Test and Trace programme1.
Clinical Assay Performance
- 99.43% Sensitivity
- 99% Specificity
- General At Home Testing
- Fit to Fly Testing
- Test to Release
- International Arrivals Days 2 & 8
Test Kit Contents
- Nasal/throat swab
- SpeciSafeTM plastic case or biohazard plastic bag/absorbent sheet*
- How to use guide
- Return packaging
- Pre-paid return label*
You must be 18+ to order this test
*Test kit content may vary depending on service selected
- Why?►Close tab
Why choose Everything Genetic for PCR nasal/throat swab test kits and services?
We have a proven track record in providing PCR swab test kits and services to patients through healthcare providers and employers.
Here are the benefits of choosing us for your PCR swab testing service.
- Our test assay is CE marked with high sensitivity and specificity.
- The test kit is suitable for administration by a registered healthcare professional or self-collection at home.
- It is the same type of test used by the NHS and suitable for all ages.
- All test kits include an easy-to-follow how to use guide and postage paid return packaging*.
- We offer a fast, tracked delivery service from our in-house logistics hub.
- All samples are processed by clinical scientists in our UK partner laboratory.
- Our laboratory is approved to share results data with Public Health England (PHE) as part of the government’s NHS Test and Trace programme1.
- We aim to deliver results within 12-36 hours of the sample being received at our laboratory2.
- Patients receive results notification by text, email and by accessing their secure online account.
- Certified positive, negative, or unclear test results certificates are signed by Everything Genetic’s consultant virologist.
- Consultancy service available for healthcare providers and employers looking to purchase large quantities.
- Customer service support provided.
Vital companion test for cancer patients
In addition, the PCR nasal/throat swab test is considered to be a vital companion test alongside diagnostic testing for the safe clinical management of immunosuppressed cancer patients during the coronavirus pandemic.
In the case of patients with cancer and other diseases, from the results, you and your patient will be able to make informed decisions about whether or not it is safe for you to continue with surgery, treatment such as chemotherapy, or medication at that time.
- How?►Close tab
- Results►Close tab
This test is provided by:
Frequently asked questions
- How does my clinic/business order test kits?
- If you want to purchase test kits from us for your patients/customers/employees, you will need to set up an account with us. Contact our sales team to discuss your requirements and to arrange an account set up on tel: +44 (0) 1270 623 179 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How long does it take for the test results?
- Your patient/customer/employees will typically receive their results within 12-36 hours of the
sample being received by the laboratory. Please be aware that delivery and processing may take
longer at weekends and Bank Holidays.
Once received from the lab, results will be sent by email and uploaded into your account on the website.
Occasionally, samples are unfit for testing. To prevent this from happening, it is important that the person testing follows carefully the instructions enclosed with the test kit.
- Does the test detect new variants?
- Our COVID-19 PCR test picks up all known variants including the newly identified Kent and South
African strains. The changes in the strain are found in the 'spike protein', which is not an
area targeted by our assay, meaning no impact on accuracy. We also utilise a multiplex assay
that targets more than one conserved region (both E and N proteins) giving higher accuracy and
sensitivity. Our laboratory performs regular checks of primers and probes against the GISAID
Please be assured our assay is under constant review, if you have any questions feel free to contact us.